Another Fake Microsoft Support Hijack
I had been out for some time when I came back and heard this pulsing sound and a recorded voice in the background. I had left Google Chrome up with several tabs open. Facebook, CNN, National Weather Service, Google Calendar and a ticket order form for Annie LIebovitz tickets at SMU. One of them spawned this redirect.
- This is a SCAM
- NEVER click on one of these.
- NEVER call the toll free number.
- NEVER allow these scammers to connect to your computer.
- Close your browser.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run a virus scan (you won’t find anything)
- NEVER click on popups that say your Flash Player is out of date. 99.999% of the time they are FAKE.
The preview on Facebook for the story on TheHill